It’s currently 11:37pm on December 30th 2016 as I’m typing this up.
Well, what a year it’s been. I’m not gonna lie, it’s been rather crap. The world goes into 2017 more divided than ever, more hurt than ever, more destroyed than ever. When people think of 2016 they think of the politics, US Elections and Brexit to be more precise, but personally I hate politics, it’s what makes us so divided. But the amount of death and loss we have all felt in 2016 has been overwhelming at times, so overwhelming that when I hear ‘*blank* has died’ or ‘there has been an attack in *blank*’, my reactions have become less shocked and more ‘it was only a matter of time before…’.
Maybe it’s because I’m getting older and understanding how cruel this world can be, or maybe it’s because the world is getting cruler and people are getting colder.
But alas, 2016 is over and we can hope and pray that 2017 will be at least moderately better than 2016.
For some 2016 has been amazing, they’ve gotten what they wanted, both policially and individually. And speaking for me personally, I’ve had some achievements of my own this year.
Here are 5 things I achieved in 2016:
- I started college! Yup, probably the scariest thing I’ve done, but I don’t regret it for a second. I’ve made such good friends, discovered so much about myself.
- I got fit!…sadly it didn’t last. But that’s not the point – in the summer I worked out 5 days a week, ate healthier and saw an improvement in my body, mind, and overall wellbeing. 2017, my fitness will be permanent…hopefully
- I stayed single…but is that an achievement? Who knows, I think it should be. If staying single is a contest, I’d win by hella far. Hopefully 2017 will bring me somewhat of a love life..don’t hold your breath though
- I watched entire shows (aka every season) in less than a month MULTIPLE times. Examples, Sons of Anarchy, The Walking Dead (well I’m caught up, I watched 1-6 in about a month), Band of Brothers and The Pacific (ok I know they’re only 10 episodes each but it’s still an achievement!)
- I’ve found a satisfaction in my life. I’m good, I’m doing OK..for the first time in a while, I’m doing fine. Slaying each day away, dancing my problems out of my mind, singing (screeching) to my hearts content. I’m cool bro, I’m cool
So guys, I just want to give all my blog followers a massive thank you, a big hug, and a piece of cake for following LifeofLauren, and sticking around. Let’s see what 2017 brings this blog!
Let me know how your 2016 went, your achievements, and what your 2017 goals are!
Head high, be kind, and slay life!
Until next time,